INFORMATION FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
PROCEDURE TO RECEIVE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP
- Awards are divided into two checks. The first check will be available on or after August 1. To receive the first check, recipients must show their award letter, photo identification, and proof of enrollment (e.g., a schedule for the upcoming semester, a receipt for tuition paid, etc.). Students who received a restricted scholarship that was awarded based on their major or school MUST provide their schedule of classes.
- The second check will be available on or after December 15. To receive the second check, recipients must show photo identification and submit a paper copy of their unofficial transcript or grade record showing the final grades for the fall term. This paper copy MUST show the student’s name, school, and date printed.
- If August 1 or December 15 falls on a weekend, the check will be available the following Monday.
- Checks should be picked up at the alumni association office at 330 E. State St. Office hours are weekdays, 9 a.m. to noon. Recipients can check the website for extended hours which may be held during the first two weeks after checks are available.
TIME LIMITATIONS FOR CLAIMING THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Graduating high school students will have within 15 (fifteen) months from the time of graduation to claim their first scholarship check. After 15 months, the award will be forfeited. Special consideration may be given to students who will be foreign exchange students the school year following graduation.
- Students who received any of the postsecondary scholarships must use the scholarship during the school year following its awarding.
- Students experiencing medical hardships or other dire circumstances may request an extension.
FORFEITURE OF RESTRICTED SCHOLARSHIPS
- If a scholarship has been awarded based on the student’s designated major (e.g., music, the humanities, engineering, business, healthcare) or school (e.g., BGSU or a vocational school) and the student changes educational path, he or she must inform the alumni association office and forfeit the scholarship.
QUESTIONS: Click HERE to contact us.